Thursday 30 April 2015

Zenith: ending with Z




I have reached the Zenith of my A-Z of my journey on Grammar and punctuation. It was a journey which I had begun with doubts but it has helped me learn tremendously. I am sure some of you might have found a few of my posts useful as well. Thank you for being with me on this journey.

So moving  to my last post on grammar and punctuation:

Are you confused about how to show the plural and the possessive of certain names that end with Z?

Like that of Lily Fernandez?

·         To show the plural of a name that ends with z sound, add es.
Example: The Fernandezes are on their way here.

·         To show singular possession of a name ending in  z, add ‘s on the end of the name.
Example: That is Mrs. Fernandez’s car.

·         To show plural possession of a name ending in z, form the plural first; then immediately use the apostrophe

Example:  Those are the cars of the Fernandezes’s.

This post is a part of the APRIL A-Z Challenge 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I learned a lot and will be referring back to your posts when I need them!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments. Do scribble a few words.
Thank you.