Thursday, 30 April 2015

Zenith: ending with Z




I have reached the Zenith of my A-Z of my journey on Grammar and punctuation. It was a journey which I had begun with doubts but it has helped me learn tremendously. I am sure some of you might have found a few of my posts useful as well. Thank you for being with me on this journey.

So moving  to my last post on grammar and punctuation:

Are you confused about how to show the plural and the possessive of certain names that end with Z?

Like that of Lily Fernandez?

·         To show the plural of a name that ends with z sound, add es.
Example: The Fernandezes are on their way here.

·         To show singular possession of a name ending in  z, add ‘s on the end of the name.
Example: That is Mrs. Fernandez’s car.

·         To show plural possession of a name ending in z, form the plural first; then immediately use the apostrophe

Example:  Those are the cars of the Fernandezes’s.

This post is a part of the APRIL A-Z Challenge 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I learned a lot and will be referring back to your posts when I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there.
    Congratulations on surviving the A-Z Challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip. My goal is to visit all the blogs that linked up, before next year's challenge starts up again.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments. Do scribble a few words.
Thank you.