|Image of Dabur Honey|
Everyone loves honey. Kids, young boys, girls, men, women and grandmothers find different uses for it. It is a proven medicine according to Ayurveda. It is considered as an elixir according to Vedas. It is one among the five amritas, the Panchamrita.
In today’s world honey can help with Weight management. It can replace sugar as a sweetener; it aids digestion and fights minor ailments like cough and cold. It is an active ingredient in many beauty treatments. Honey is an essential item in almost every household in India.
Honey being a plant based sugar is proven to be a healthy replacement for all kinds of sugars.
But this honey often undergoes adulteration and we end up consuming unwanted calories in the name of honey. Often the adulterer uses glucose, dextrose, molasses, corn syrup, sugar syrup, invert sugar, flour, starch, or any other similar product to create artificial honey. The pure honey that is created by the bees is rich in antioxidants and is easily digestible.
In this era, we struggle with obesity, diabetes and heart disease and we have the root cause of all this in our sugar consumption and lazy eating habits. Our ancestors were aware about the benefits of honey and were always careful in using honey in place of sugar. We use sugar excessively and our kids get addicted to it as well. But if we begin early, we can teach them the benefits of honey diet.
A healthy habit learned in childhood stays with them their entire life. And health is a very important factor in everybody’s life.
We can replace sugar with honey in almost all our food items and also can teach our kids to do so.
Benefits of honey:
· Honey is a healthy option unlike sugar and is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and has strong antibacterial properties. One unique antioxidant called "pinocembrin" is only found in honey.
· It is even said that honey can fight cancer!
· Drinks made with honey can fight hangover, sore throat and insomnia.
· Honey is a great skin care product well known for its anti-aging properties. A facemask made with honey moisturizes the skin and also tightens the pores making the skin supple and glowing.
· Raw honey cures nausea.
· Honey is very stable and can last for literally centuries when stored properly because it contains only 18% water and has a pH of 3-4.
· It is easy to digest as it contains sugars in its lowest form.
· It burns our fat deposits faster than other sugars.
· Researchers all over the world finally agree that honey is a safer remedy for cough in children. And the children love it too.
· Pure honey is completely natural and isn’t man made or processed and hence have great healing properties.